Thursday, October 17, 2013

There are readings, and then there are readings


Last week I made my debut appearance at Enigma Bookstore in Astoria, Queens, New York. The sci-fi /fantasy shop and community center has been open only a few months, but it's already the go-to place for spec fic fans of all ages.

I was joined by fellow Candlemark & Gleam author Leonard Richardson, who read from his hilarious  gaming novel Constellation Games, which I heartily recommend if you enjoy humorous sci-fi, video games, or generally silly geekiness (and ain't that what we're all here for?).

My next reading takes place on Monday, October 21, 7:00pm. I'll be at one of my usual haunts, the Rough & Ready New Works Series at the Alchemical Theater Lab, 137 W. 14th Street in Manhattan. Suggested donation is $10, well worth it for an evening of play and screenplay excerpts, shorts stories, and often a song or two. My contribution will be a flaneur story called "A Long Way Down Broadway." Don't know about flaneur stories? Well, stop by and find out!

No comments:

Post a Comment